Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bose bluetooth speakers connect Macbook Pro

We have a lovely Bose Soundlink Color 2 speaker. Works with all mobile devices beautifully. Why won't it appear in Bluetooth list on the Macbook Pro? No recognition. No plus sign to add a device. This is a 2018 Macbook Pro. Did they take away the Bluetooth to speakers option? Need to connect later on in year to speakers for a presentation.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 9:31 AM

Went to the Genius Bar at local store for a keyboard adjustment and asked the fellow about this. He said hold down the Bluetooth button on the speaker for at least 3 seconds. Then it will appear in the Bluetooth device choice list on MacBook Pro.

Indeed that worked. I had pressed this button on speaker earlier but did not hold it down long enough. Resolution!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2019 9:31 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Went to the Genius Bar at local store for a keyboard adjustment and asked the fellow about this. He said hold down the Bluetooth button on the speaker for at least 3 seconds. Then it will appear in the Bluetooth device choice list on MacBook Pro.

Indeed that worked. I had pressed this button on speaker earlier but did not hold it down long enough. Resolution!

Dec 19, 2019 8:31 AM in response to ReaderMac

Hi ReaderMac,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you're having trouble connecting a Bluetooth speaker to your MacBook Pro, and I'd like to do what I can to help out.

Have you restarted your Mac since noticing this issue? If not, go ahead and do that, as a restart can resolve unusual issues.

Log out, sleep, restart, or shut down your Mac

Make sure that your speaker is discoverable, so that your Mac can find it.

Even though this article doesn't specifically say speakers, it still applies: Using a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, or trackpad with your Mac

I was able to find this article on the Bose website: Pairing and connecting to a Mac® computer which shows it applies to the SoundLink wireless Mobile Speaker.

Check with the speaker manufacturer for any additional help. Let them know which macOS version you're using, and what steps you've tried already.

Take care!

Bose bluetooth speakers connect Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.