Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I delete unwanted apps to free up space

ho to delete unwanted apps on my mcbook air

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 3:46 PM

It is not recommended to uninstall applications that were installed by default and are part of the mac OS. Besides, with the new security features in Catalina, you probably will not be able to anyway.

FWIW, applications do not use all that much space. What does use a lot are things like music, photos, videos, movies, etc. So, get yourself an external hard drive and move all those space hogging files to the external. That will free up much more space.

And, it is recommended that you maintain an absolute minimum of 10 - 15 GB of free space at all times for the OS to function efficiently.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2019 3:46 PM in response to dene60628

It is not recommended to uninstall applications that were installed by default and are part of the mac OS. Besides, with the new security features in Catalina, you probably will not be able to anyway.

FWIW, applications do not use all that much space. What does use a lot are things like music, photos, videos, movies, etc. So, get yourself an external hard drive and move all those space hogging files to the external. That will free up much more space.

And, it is recommended that you maintain an absolute minimum of 10 - 15 GB of free space at all times for the OS to function efficiently.

how do I delete unwanted apps to free up space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.