Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing built-in icon

My iMessages icon disappeared after syncing. The app is here, and the icon is there in Siri Suggestins but the icon itself is missing.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 9:24 AM

Hi JustJoan R.,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand your Messages app icon is missing from your Home screen. I'd like to help.

You stated, "The app is here...", by that I assume that means the application is present on your phone, however, the picture for the icon is missing. Is that correct? If so, what do you see as the icon for Messages instead of the green square with a message bubble symbol? Also, does this affect how Messages functions? Or, are you still able to send and receive messages?

I would recommend to restart your phone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, and check for any available iOS updates: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Keep me posted. Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2019 9:24 AM in response to JustJoan R.

Hi JustJoan R.,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand your Messages app icon is missing from your Home screen. I'd like to help.

You stated, "The app is here...", by that I assume that means the application is present on your phone, however, the picture for the icon is missing. Is that correct? If so, what do you see as the icon for Messages instead of the green square with a message bubble symbol? Also, does this affect how Messages functions? Or, are you still able to send and receive messages?

I would recommend to restart your phone: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, and check for any available iOS updates: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Keep me posted. Regards.

Missing built-in icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.