Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes

Do I really have to pay $10 month to play music I already downloaded to my iPhone? Entire Playlist, years of music is missing. Was there in the spring. Gone now.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 5:54 AM

No, no subscription is required to make use of iTunes or put media on your device. If you sign into your Apple ID in iTunes or your iPhone you would normally see any locally stored media and any unhidden past purchases. iTunes Match allows media added to your iTunes library to appear in the cloud on your device as your purchases would. Apple Music works in a similar fashion, but allows you to add nearly anything in the iTunes Store to your collection while your subscription remains active. If you don't use either service you're expected to add and remove content from your device using iTunes. Do you still have your media in an iTunes library or a backup? Were you using a subscription service that you've allowed to lapse without securing your media first?

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2019 5:54 AM in response to User_Name_Taken

No, no subscription is required to make use of iTunes or put media on your device. If you sign into your Apple ID in iTunes or your iPhone you would normally see any locally stored media and any unhidden past purchases. iTunes Match allows media added to your iTunes library to appear in the cloud on your device as your purchases would. Apple Music works in a similar fashion, but allows you to add nearly anything in the iTunes Store to your collection while your subscription remains active. If you don't use either service you're expected to add and remove content from your device using iTunes. Do you still have your media in an iTunes library or a backup? Were you using a subscription service that you've allowed to lapse without securing your media first?

tt2

iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.