Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen shot without using Home button

Is it possible to take a screen shot without using the home button on an iPad, 6th Gen? If so, how exactly please.

Many thanks,

Houston

Posted on Dec 16, 2019 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 8:24 AM

It’s not Touch Accomodations. It’s Settings > Touch > AssistiveTouch. A translucent gray virtual home button will show up.

Use AssistiveTouch on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

6 replies

Dec 16, 2019 11:25 PM in response to htown

You could turn on the Accessibility feature, Touch Acommodations in Settings app, under General settings.

When this is activated, a software Home button appears onscreen and you can assign different functions to this button under the Customise Top Level Menu setting in Touch Accomodations.

One of the software Home button function/settings is Screenshot.

You can do one touch screen shots this way.

I use the Software Home button all the time with various common functions I use everyday to save the everyday wear and tear on the actual hardware Home button of my iPads.

Dec 16, 2019 7:28 PM in response to QuickPost

Thanks zmclearan but I I have no keypad and I am not planning on buying one. I need this because I want to document some issues with a product that interfaces with the iPad. Even if I had a keyboard, it would not be practical in my situation but I certainly appreciate the VERY quick replay and idea. Now that I am writing this, I realize I could do a screen recording instead without using the HOME button and just take a frame from the produced video. Not as convenient but doable with what I have. Hmmmm.

Screen shot without using Home button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.