Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple store isn’t working!

Hi I have a question regarding my apple store and itunes store. Ever since i’ve gotten the ios13 update my appstore doesn’t work, when i go to the app it says “The apple store has been updated, download the new version on the app store.” so i click update and it sends me to safari but safari says “safari cannot open this page because the address is invalid.” I’ve tried shutting my phone off and back on but that does nothing. Can anyone help?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 8:54 AM

1 reply

Dec 20, 2019 7:31 AM in response to maddiehob

Hey maddiehob,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you're being prompted to update the Apple Store app but are running into an error when attempting to do so.

Instead of following the prompt when attempting to open the App, let's see if you're able to manually update it using the steps here: Update apps or use automatic downloads

If you're unable to update using those steps, try removing and reinstalling the app from the App Store. You can find the steps for that here: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding or won't open

Thanks again, and have a great day!

apple store isn’t working!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.