Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie -> Not enough disk space

I've got about 80Gb free on disk and when I add photo or videos to Imovie it send's a 'Not Enough Disk Space' message. That's the first time I'm using it.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 3:32 PM

Assuming that you are using iMovie 10, others who have experienced this problem have found that redownloading iMovie cures it. To do that, drag your iMovie app from the Applications folder into the trash, but don't empty the trash. Then sign in to the app store and click on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar to open your account. iMovie will be listed there as one of your purchases. You can download it from there. Now see if the "not enough disk space" issue is solved. If for some reason the redownload is not available or is unsuccessful, drag your old iMovie app from the trash and put it back into the Applications folder. However, it should be successful.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2019 3:32 PM in response to mbpfs

Assuming that you are using iMovie 10, others who have experienced this problem have found that redownloading iMovie cures it. To do that, drag your iMovie app from the Applications folder into the trash, but don't empty the trash. Then sign in to the app store and click on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar to open your account. iMovie will be listed there as one of your purchases. You can download it from there. Now see if the "not enough disk space" issue is solved. If for some reason the redownload is not available or is unsuccessful, drag your old iMovie app from the trash and put it back into the Applications folder. However, it should be successful.

-- Rich

Imovie -> Not enough disk space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.