You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Warranty on dead pixel (macbook air 2019)

I bought my Macbook Air 2019 on November in a retail store in Australia. Everything was cool until today that I found out the screen has one dead pixel. I don't have apple care but of course the laptop is under the Apple one-year warranty that comes with all their products. So my cuestion is if I can take the Macbook to an Apple store to make use of the warranty?

(sorry for my bad english)

MacBook

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 5:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 5:57 PM

According to: About LCD display pixel anomalies for Apple products released in 2010 and later - Apple Support

"If you are concerned about pixel anomalies on your display, take your Apple product to an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Retail Store for closer examination. There may be a charge for the evaluation."

(there is nothing wrong with your english)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2019 5:57 PM in response to vaandavid

According to: About LCD display pixel anomalies for Apple products released in 2010 and later - Apple Support

"If you are concerned about pixel anomalies on your display, take your Apple product to an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Retail Store for closer examination. There may be a charge for the evaluation."

(there is nothing wrong with your english)

Dec 17, 2019 7:49 PM in response to vaandavid

FYI, If you only have a single dead pixel, then I doubt Apple will do anything about it. Apple and most other OEMs have very strict guidelines about when to allow replacement of a Display Assembly when there are pixel issues. Most times several pixels next to each other must exhibit the problem before Apple will replace the display. An AASP will have to follow Apple's strict guidelines so it is better to take the laptop to an Apple Store to be examined since the Apple Store can sometimes bend the rules for a customer.

Warranty on dead pixel (macbook air 2019)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.