Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch Bar unresponsive

Hi so for the past week my Touch Bar has gone dark the right side of the Touch Bar does not work so I can't put up the brightness or access Siri or any shortcut. please Help!

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 7:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 2:50 PM

Hello, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, cesarfromkaty!

From your post, it sounds like the Touch Bar on your Mac is blank/black and you’re unable to use the buttons on the right side of the bar.  I love using my Mac throughout the day, so I can certainly understand wanting to get this resolved.

To get started, have you tried completing the following steps: 

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Previously, when you mentioned that the right side of your bar wasn’t working, did that occur prior to being unable to see anything on the Touch Bar?

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities, and have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2019 2:50 PM in response to cesarfromkaty

Hello, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, cesarfromkaty!

From your post, it sounds like the Touch Bar on your Mac is blank/black and you’re unable to use the buttons on the right side of the bar.  I love using my Mac throughout the day, so I can certainly understand wanting to get this resolved.

To get started, have you tried completing the following steps: 

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Previously, when you mentioned that the right side of your bar wasn’t working, did that occur prior to being unable to see anything on the Touch Bar?

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities, and have a great day!

Touch Bar unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.