Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Slideshow on Apple TV

I am lamenting the loss of home sharing between iTunes and my Apple TV with the new upgrades and looking for a way to stream select albums from my Photo app on my iMac to my Apple TV 4. I know how to do this through iCloud, although I am annoyed that I am now forced to pay more money to increase my iCloud storage when I don't want to store these photos on iCloud. Anyway, to my questions: 1. Is there a way that I can activate streaming from select albums on my Photo app on my iMac to my Apple TV 4 so that iCloud does also store all the other photos on my other Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, etc)? 2. Are there alternative methods/apps to stream selected photos from my iMac to my Apple TV (and that does not involve AirPlay from my iPhone)? Thanks!

iMac 27" 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2019 11:27 PM

Group photos into a new album. Then slideshow just that album.

Home Sharing photos is also still possible. Do so from a folder of photos (not sure if subfolders are supported). See the last paragraph on Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices - Apple Support

2 replies

Photo Slideshow on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.