Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't download youtube on my Ipad

How can i solve this problem?

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 5:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 9:05 AM

Hello,

If your iPad will not update past 9.3.5 then you have either an iPad (3rd generation) or iPad mini (1st generation). These iPad models do not support any system version newer than 9. You cannot update your iPad any further. If you need to use software that requires a newer system software version then you will need to purchase a newer iPad model.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2019 9:05 AM in response to Mariana_12

Hello,

If your iPad will not update past 9.3.5 then you have either an iPad (3rd generation) or iPad mini (1st generation). These iPad models do not support any system version newer than 9. You cannot update your iPad any further. If you need to use software that requires a newer system software version then you will need to purchase a newer iPad model.

Dec 18, 2019 9:40 AM in response to Mariana_12

You can start using another, iOS 9, compatible, third party Web browser and use the desktop version of the YouTube Website, instead.

This is what I do for my 2011 iPad 2.

I would STOP using that nearly 3-year old Safari web browser, as it is, probably, not safe and secure to use any longer, and seek out a third party web browser that is STILL currently being updated and STILL being supported on iOS 9.3.5.

Here are a few third party web browsers that I know are STILL being updated and supported on iOS 9.

Available and more popular third party Web browser choices are dwindling faster, now.

There are still a handful of iOS 9 and earlier supported third party Web browsers.

Most of these have had recent updates, too!

Here’s what’s left.

iCab Mobile Web browser

Aloha Web browser

Dolphin Web browser

Snow Bunny Web browser

Maxthon Web browser

Private Browsing Web browser by Savvy Soda

Private Browser Deluxe

TOR browser anonymous

Turbo VPN browser

TOR + VPN web browser private

You will need to try each Web browser to see which one/s will consistently work well enough with the desktop version of the YouTube website.

Some of these Web browsers will work for the desktop version of the YouTube Website, some will not.

Good Luck to You!

i can't download youtube on my Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.