Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina Last update and MBP keeps crashing

10.15.2 (19C57)

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

Last updated Catalina this week and it keeps crashing again and again, while using or not.....so pretty much randomly! About 15 to 20 times a day since I updated

Any clue if it could be an app still running on 32bits?

Doesn't your brand is all about stability for buying laptops at over 3k$? It's my first Macbook and appears to be the last, if I want my computer to freeze 3 times in front of a client, I'll just go back to windows...:(

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 9:18 AM

LabonteKev wrote:

10.15.2 (19C57)

Last updated Catalina this week and it keeps crashing again and again, while using or not.....so pretty much randomly! About 15 to 20 times a day since I updated

Doesn't your brand is all about stability for buying laptops at over 3k$? It's my first Macbook and appears to be the last, if I want my computer to freeze 3 times in front of a client, I'll just go back to windows...:(

Has nothing to do with old 32-bit apps.

If your Mac shuts down or restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

After you work through the Apple HT above— and still need help resolving your issue—

To get a good look at your System config. for conflicts or issues, you can run this utility http://etrecheck.com

If you need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

You can set its preference to "Allow full Disk Access", with this you get a digest of issues from the last 7 days that are saved in your system.

Typically uninstalling any Anti-virus, Cleaners, Optimizers, etc will resolve many issues—these are not needed and seem to cause nothing but issues.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2019 9:18 AM in response to LabonteKev

LabonteKev wrote:

10.15.2 (19C57)

Has nothing to do with old 32-bit apps.

If your Mac shuts down or restarted because of a problem - Apple Support

After you work through the Apple HT above— and still need help resolving your issue—

To get a good look at your System config. for conflicts or issues, you can run this utility http://etrecheck.com

If you need help interpreting the report you can post it here in its entirety in the "Additional Text" box in the editing toolbar below, in your reply.

You can set its preference to "Allow full Disk Access", with this you get a digest of issues from the last 7 days that are saved in your system.

Typically uninstalling any Anti-virus, Cleaners, Optimizers, etc will resolve many issues—these are not needed and seem to cause nothing but issues.

Catalina Last update and MBP keeps crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.