Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some of my messages come thru with no sound

I have an iPhone 8 and some of my messages will make the sound I have a message but others come thru with no sound just shows I have a message on phone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 7:55 AM

Hi there, B-1932.

I see that some of the messages that arrive on your iPhone comes with a notification, some of them don't, and I'm glad to help.

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- This article provides the information and steps that you need under "Turn on Hide alerts". The next time you receive a message without a notification, check the message to see if you have "Hide Alerts" on. You can also look at your message list to see if any of them show a crescent moon. You're hiding alerts on that one.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2019 7:55 AM in response to B-1932

Hi there, B-1932.

I see that some of the messages that arrive on your iPhone comes with a notification, some of them don't, and I'm glad to help.

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -- This article provides the information and steps that you need under "Turn on Hide alerts". The next time you receive a message without a notification, check the message to see if you have "Hide Alerts" on. You can also look at your message list to see if any of them show a crescent moon. You're hiding alerts on that one.

Take care.

Some of my messages come thru with no sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.