Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't turn off a camera sound on my iPhone 11 Pro Max

Iphone 11Pro Max. I was dreaming about it. yesterday Ive became a happy owner, and its first time in my life is ******* me off. I cant turn off a camera sound. I can’t make a photo of my sleeping child, I cant make photos in public places blz all who surround me will be disturned. My question is. WHAAAATTT???

You should add a function to turn it off. this is terrible. Im not from Japan! ridiculous politics. Im apple client already for years. but I have never been disappointed that much as now. Ready to cry 😭

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 5:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 5:13 AM

If the phone was originally sold in Japan or South Korea, the shutter sound can not be silenced.

It is illegal to do so in those markets.

The fact that you are not from Japan does not change the law. You should have purchased a device in your own country, then you wouldn't have this problem.

Don't blame Apple for your oversight.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2019 5:13 AM in response to ElenaUkr

If the phone was originally sold in Japan or South Korea, the shutter sound can not be silenced.

It is illegal to do so in those markets.

The fact that you are not from Japan does not change the law. You should have purchased a device in your own country, then you wouldn't have this problem.

Don't blame Apple for your oversight.

I can't turn off a camera sound on my iPhone 11 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.