Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore to El Capitan

hello

I have MacBook Pro 2009 mid. The latest OS X which is possible can i install on mac is 10.11.6.

Yesterday i erease all data from my mac and i want to restore mac.

I go to all steps when system start to download from app store osx El Capitan. But i get on screen a message from system that i can not download OS X El Capitan anymore.

How can i get and install again OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)?

thank you

best regards Andrej

MacBook Pro 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 6:49 AM

Try internet recovery again but connect your Mac to your router using a cable instead of WiFi.

The alternative would be to download it to another Mac if you can, it needs to be a Mac that can

run El Capitan. How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan – Apple Support

Follow the instructions in Section 4 to 7 carefully.

And once you have downloaded Install MacOSX.dmg and opened it to Install MacOSX.pkg

and then converted that to the Install OS X El Capitan app you can then make a bootable

USB installer using these instructions, How to create a bootable installer for macOS – Apple Support.

Then use the bootable USB installer to install El Capitan on your Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2019 6:49 AM in response to cosmostufff

Try internet recovery again but connect your Mac to your router using a cable instead of WiFi.

The alternative would be to download it to another Mac if you can, it needs to be a Mac that can

run El Capitan. How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan – Apple Support

Follow the instructions in Section 4 to 7 carefully.

And once you have downloaded Install MacOSX.dmg and opened it to Install MacOSX.pkg

and then converted that to the Install OS X El Capitan app you can then make a bootable

USB installer using these instructions, How to create a bootable installer for macOS – Apple Support.

Then use the bootable USB installer to install El Capitan on your Mac.

Restore to El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.