Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disney +

Hello, I have the first release of the apple tv and I wanted to know how do I download the Disney+ app on it?

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 10:07 AM

The first Apple TV was released in 2007, was white and silver and does not support Apps, nor can it access the iTunes Store anymore. I doubt you have one of those.

The second and third gen apple TVs are black boxes and they also do not support apps, only server pushed channels. Disney has not made Disney+ available for them.

Disney+ is currently only available as an app on Apple TV HD (4th gen) and Apple TV 4K.

See here to identify your Apple TV: Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2019 10:07 AM in response to SRichie01

The first Apple TV was released in 2007, was white and silver and does not support Apps, nor can it access the iTunes Store anymore. I doubt you have one of those.

The second and third gen apple TVs are black boxes and they also do not support apps, only server pushed channels. Disney has not made Disney+ available for them.

Disney+ is currently only available as an app on Apple TV HD (4th gen) and Apple TV 4K.

See here to identify your Apple TV: Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Disney +

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.