Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CBS All access not connected in Apple TV app

The Apple TV app on my iPhone and iPad is not allowing me to play anything from CBS All Access. I can search and find CBS shows but it either wants me to sign up for a CBS subscription (which I already have) or pay per episode. This has changed just in the past 2 days as I was able to watch CBS shows fine through the Apple TV app earlier this week. It works just fine on my actual Apple TV device, and I can go to the CBS app itself and play whatever I want with no issues. I think both my iPhone and iPad had software updates in the past few days so I wonder if something changed with that update? I’ve been through every setting I can think of, I’ve logged out, uninstalled, reinstalled, I don’t know what else to do. Is anybody having similar issues? Anybody have any ideas on what to do?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 2:21 PM

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Cupcakesmama!

From my understanding, you’re unable to access any shows using your CBS All Access subscription.  I love relaxing throughout the day while watching Apple TV, so I can definitely see why you’d want to get this resolved.  

I’d recommend starting out by ensuring that CBS All Access is showing connected in your profile using Set up the Apple TV app on iPhone - Apple Support.  Depending on the way it was set up previously, the app may show connected or you may see your subscription there.

If you see the app itself connected to give authorization to the Apple TV app, I’d suggest making sure that the CBS All Access app is updated.  You can follow the steps here to manually update apps in the App Store: Update apps or use automatic downloads - Apple Support

I’d also advise that you Restart your iPhone - Apple Support prior to completing the steps above. 

I hope that helps, and thanks for using Apple Support Communities.  Have a great day!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2019 2:21 PM in response to Cupcakesmama

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Cupcakesmama!

From my understanding, you’re unable to access any shows using your CBS All Access subscription.  I love relaxing throughout the day while watching Apple TV, so I can definitely see why you’d want to get this resolved.  

I’d recommend starting out by ensuring that CBS All Access is showing connected in your profile using Set up the Apple TV app on iPhone - Apple Support.  Depending on the way it was set up previously, the app may show connected or you may see your subscription there.

If you see the app itself connected to give authorization to the Apple TV app, I’d suggest making sure that the CBS All Access app is updated.  You can follow the steps here to manually update apps in the App Store: Update apps or use automatic downloads - Apple Support

I’d also advise that you Restart your iPhone - Apple Support prior to completing the steps above. 

I hope that helps, and thanks for using Apple Support Communities.  Have a great day!

Dec 22, 2019 11:20 PM in response to Cupcakesmama

Please note that the CBS Channel subscription in the Apple TV app is most likely not exchangeable with your existing CBS subscription that requires its own app. Please read the links below for the distinction with these kinds of subscriptions. Your current CBS subscription may require you to install the CBS app on your iPhone and iPad. Then the Apple TV app should become aware of that and offer viewing their content in their app.

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld.com

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Dec 25, 2019 12:46 PM in response to Cupcakesmama

Hello... same issue here... CBS All Access shows used to show up in Watch Now and Up Next and now it doesn't any more.

I went to my Apple TV settings, Apps, TV and i did not see the CBS All Access app connected to the Apple TV app while before was there. Nothing has been changed. I have deleted the CBS app and re-installed it and same issue. It is the same across my iPhone and iPad.

Jan 2, 2020 7:29 AM in response to Cupcakesmama

I have the same problem. I paid for a full year of CBS too. I ended up signing up for the CBS Channel in the Apple TV App and deleted the all access app that i previously used. it was super annoying not seeing my shows in the up next. after signing up for the ATV channel, i then found all the shows i watch and started each episode where i left off, they are now in my up next queue again. lesson learned, don't sign up for a full year as that $99 went up in smoke.

CBS All access not connected in Apple TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.