Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos IMPORT from iPhone, Sort by Newest First

I am well aware that I unfortunately need to "create a new album" to sort by newest first, but that doesn't help me during IMPORT. When I connect my iPhone to Photos, it takes a huge amount of time for all the photos to display "from oldest first." I want to change the sort order in the iPhone IMPORTS list to Newest First in order to save me a lot of time. Even better would be a way to show only "today's photos" when trying to import from my iPhone. Speed is everything when importing.

How can I achieve this? Terminal hack? I'm willing to try anything.

Thank you.

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 10:12 PM

There is no way to sort the Import window.

• Either use My Photo Stream or iCloud Photos to transfer automatically the new photos.
  • Or keep less photos on the iPhone in he camera Roll. If you delete the imported photos from the iPhone directly after you checked, if they have been correctly imported, the iPhone will be faster to display new photos on import. If you sync the photos back to the iPhone, they will not appear in the import dialog.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2019 10:12 PM in response to JDW1

There is no way to sort the Import window.

• Either use My Photo Stream or iCloud Photos to transfer automatically the new photos.
  • Or keep less photos on the iPhone in he camera Roll. If you delete the imported photos from the iPhone directly after you checked, if they have been correctly imported, the iPhone will be faster to display new photos on import. If you sync the photos back to the iPhone, they will not appear in the import dialog.

Photos IMPORT from iPhone, Sort by Newest First

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.