Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID and password !!!!

i Received an email I thought it was from Apple saying My Apple ID was locked ....And for me to click on it and change my password so I did after I did it I went up to the area that you could usually click on that and could pick a subject and it didn’t do anything and I scrolled around the rest of the area and I figured I was hacked or someone was getting into my account so I change my Apple ID pass word but do I need to change my Apple ID too ???? Please help!

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 7:29 AM

If you changed your password, not using the link in the scam email, you should be okay. You do not have to change your Apple ID unless you want to.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2019 7:29 AM in response to joannfromhanford

If you changed your password, not using the link in the scam email, you should be okay. You do not have to change your Apple ID unless you want to.

Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID and password !!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.