Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgotten Apple I.D. password and can't do Two Step Verification

I have forgotten my Apple ID password and since got a new mobile number, so not able to receive a verification message.

How do I:

A) Reset my password,

B) Change my mobile number for verification?

Kind Regards,

Neil.

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 2:57 AM

4 replies

Dec 20, 2019 3:36 AM in response to asgardfleet

Now I think you have two factor authentication (it's an automatic upgrade if you used two steps verification before). Read the first paragraph of this guide:--> Switch from two-step verification to two-factor authentication - Apple Support

If it is already under Two Factor Authentication, see this guide, managing your trusted devices in the appropriate section "manage your account":--> Two-factor authentication for Apple ID – Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Dec 20, 2019 3:44 AM in response to asgardfleet

Use a recovery key

If you updated your Apple ID from two-step verification to two-factor authentication in iOS 11 and later, or macOS High Sierra and later, and you have a recovery key, you can use the recovery key to help reset your password.

If you can't access any of your devices

You can reset your Apple ID password on a friend or family member's iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using the Apple Support app or the Find My app.

Forgotten Apple I.D. password and can't do Two Step Verification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.