Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay TV Hijacking

To take advantage of a better sound system, I streamed a podcast from my iPhone 8Plus to my HDTV. Now I can’t get the AirPlay to go away so that I can watch regular TV.

Please Help

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 3:11 AM

1 reply

Dec 22, 2019 7:23 PM in response to Coco-71

Hello Coco-71,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you want to exit AirPlay from your TV. I'd be happy to explain.

The instructions are different between each TV manufacturer on how to exit and switch to the original source. Check your manual or reach out to the manufacturer.

You can also switch off AirPlay from the device itself by tapping the AirPlay icon and tapping 'iPhone.'

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

AirPlay TV Hijacking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.