Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

gmail account

can't authenticate gmail account in iMac

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 3:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 7:23 PM

Hi saxoninlondon,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you can't authenticate your Gmail account on your iMac.

I'm glad to help with this.

First, be sure that you are running the latest version of macOS Catalina. You can see how to update here: How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

If you are updated, and still can't authenticate your account, try creating a new, administrative user, and see if you can create and authenticate the Gmail account in that new user. That will help isolate if the issue is caused by something in your main account.

You can see how to create a test user here: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Let me know what happens.

Best Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2019 7:23 PM in response to saxoninlondon

Hi saxoninlondon,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you can't authenticate your Gmail account on your iMac.

I'm glad to help with this.

First, be sure that you are running the latest version of macOS Catalina. You can see how to update here: How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

If you are updated, and still can't authenticate your account, try creating a new, administrative user, and see if you can create and authenticate the Gmail account in that new user. That will help isolate if the issue is caused by something in your main account.

You can see how to create a test user here: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support

Let me know what happens.

Best Regards.

gmail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.