Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth not available on Mac

I have a Macbook Pro and since I upgraded to Catalina I have lost Bluetooth. The logo is greyed out with the message Bluetooth: Not Available.

Any cures?

I have tried deleting the Bluetooth.plist and rebooting, but still not working.

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 4:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 9:12 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am running OS 10.15.2 on a 2012 Macbook Pro.

I seem to have sorted out the Bluetooth problem however by resetting the NVRAM and then shutting down and rebooting rather than a restart. This seems to have cured the issue and Bluetooth is running again.

3 replies

Dec 20, 2019 6:44 AM in response to rennien

rennien wrote:

I have a Macbook Pro and since I upgraded to Catalina I have lost Bluetooth. The logo is greyed out with the message Bluetooth: Not Available.
Any cures?
I have tried deleting the Bluetooth.plist and rebooting, but still not working.

You do not say what exact Mac /model /year /size /retina /touchbar is this

or

what exact macOS you are currently running?

Since you upgraded to 10.15 have you updated as well to 10.15.1 then onto 10.15.2 ? These would be the delta updates stair stepping your way up. Reinstalling the 10.15.2 combo update on top of your existing macOS has been known to sort certain one-off anomalies. Download macOS Catalina 10.15.2 Combo Update - Apple ...

If however you just downloaded the 10.15.2 full installer it would be a moot point.

I do not see a general BT issue associated with Catalina.

Lets see the output from this Terminal command, copy and paste:

networksetup -listallhardwareports  

Dec 20, 2019 9:24 AM in response to rennien

rennien wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I am running OS 10.15.2 on a 2012 Macbook Pro.

I seem to have sorted out the Bluetooth problem however by resetting the NVRAM and then shutting down and rebooting rather than a restart. This seems to have cured the issue and Bluetooth is running again.

Good computing rennien ! thanks for the report.

Bluetooth not available on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.