Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage, Number not available, after upgrade to new iPhone

I have updated my work and personal phones and now I am getting this notification whenever I send message to a non iPhone person/recipient. Has anyone else ran into this.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 4:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 5:57 AM

Check Settings/Messages and FaceTime to see if the number is there and has a check mark next to it.

Does the number you want to use show on your Apple ID? If not, sign out of Messages/FaceTime, and add the number to your ID. Allow time for the change to sync. It could take up to 24 hours. Sign back into Messages/FaceTime and test.

Apple ID - Manage

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2019 5:57 AM in response to Zack30

Check Settings/Messages and FaceTime to see if the number is there and has a check mark next to it.

Does the number you want to use show on your Apple ID? If not, sign out of Messages/FaceTime, and add the number to your ID. Allow time for the change to sync. It could take up to 24 hours. Sign back into Messages/FaceTime and test.

Apple ID - Manage

Dec 20, 2019 9:12 AM in response to Eric Root

Yes from what I was told, all of my devices are set up correctly. I was on the phone with Apple support for about two hours trying to get this figured out. I have a personal phone, a work phone, and a Mac at home that all iMessage together. They all worked before I updated my personal and work phone the new iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max

iMessage, Number not available, after upgrade to new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.