Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the Apple AirPods be connected to 3 devices?

Can the Apple AirPods be connected to 3 devices. I already connect to my iPhone and iPad but would now like to also connect to my iWatch. Is it possible to connect to all 3 devices at the same time.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 12:26 PM

AirPods Help

1. If one of your AirPods isn't working - Apple Support
  2. If your AirPods won't connect - Apple Support
  3. Identify your AirPods - Apple Support
  4. AirPods Support
  5. Connect and use your AirPods
  6. How to Find Lost Apple AirPods
  7. If your AirPods are lost - Apple Support
  8. Replace an AirPod or charging case - Apple Support
  9. AirPods Repair - Official Apple Support
  10. Clean AirPods: Get a flashlight and a toothpick and clean the right AirPod connector in your case then clean the end of the right AirPad. After doing so put them both in the case, leave the lid open, press and hold the button on the back of the case until the light flashes.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2019 12:26 PM in response to edwindiaz

AirPods Help

1. If one of your AirPods isn't working - Apple Support
  2. If your AirPods won't connect - Apple Support
  3. Identify your AirPods - Apple Support
  4. AirPods Support
  5. Connect and use your AirPods
  6. How to Find Lost Apple AirPods
  7. If your AirPods are lost - Apple Support
  8. Replace an AirPod or charging case - Apple Support
  9. AirPods Repair - Official Apple Support
  10. Clean AirPods: Get a flashlight and a toothpick and clean the right AirPod connector in your case then clean the end of the right AirPad. After doing so put them both in the case, leave the lid open, press and hold the button on the back of the case until the light flashes.

Dec 20, 2019 2:36 PM in response to Kappy

I guess I wasn’t clear in my question. Is there a way to connect my AirPods to my iPhone, iPad and iWatch, all at the same time, so that I can use on any of these devices on demand. My old headphones would connect in my iPhone and iPad simultaneously but it could not connect to all 3 at the same time so I would have to unpair one to connect to the other. For those of us who have all 3 devices, you would think Apple would allow us to connect to all 3 at the same time for on demand access.

Can the Apple AirPods be connected to 3 devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.