You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods Pro scratches so easily

I have recently shopped airpods pro and i am a person who is extreme careful with products

i have used airpods only for 2-3 hours and i can already see scratches on left ear airpod.

i am pretty much sure that i did not have dust in my ear which could have had scratched it in my ear.

Case itself is worst thing ever when it comes to scratches. **** i wiped it as gentle as possible with very clean Apple's own black microfiber cloth which comes with macbook pro and even wiping the case with that cloth left with noticeable long hairline scratches.

I know apple's QA is not what it was used to be in the start of 2000s but still i have paid 250 USD for something which seems more softer than butter when it comes to pits and scratches.

Is it only me who is cursed with these new airpods pro or someone else has noticed it as wel.

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 12:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2019 12:28 PM

I definitely feel your pain I’ve only had the AirPods Pro for about two weeks I baby them and keep them separate in my pocket all buy themselves and even check for grains of sand prior to putting them in. I have never dropped them and they have tons of tiny scratches all over the front and back of the keys it drives me crazy! You’d think that taking good care of them would prevent most of the scratches but it looks like it’s impossible unless you buy a case. It definitely shouldn’t be this easy to scratch with the price you pay.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2019 12:28 PM in response to adeelisyours

I definitely feel your pain I’ve only had the AirPods Pro for about two weeks I baby them and keep them separate in my pocket all buy themselves and even check for grains of sand prior to putting them in. I have never dropped them and they have tons of tiny scratches all over the front and back of the keys it drives me crazy! You’d think that taking good care of them would prevent most of the scratches but it looks like it’s impossible unless you buy a case. It definitely shouldn’t be this easy to scratch with the price you pay.

Dec 22, 2019 7:14 AM in response to adeelisyours

Hey, to answer your question....you aren't the only one. If you look at the stems of the AirPods, you'll notice that that's where they scratch and stain the most and FAIRLY easy. The case is a different story, Apple's products in particular those that use the same white plastic/coating are known for this massive flaw. I'd recommend getting a silicone protective case from Amazon or any retailer that may have them!

Airpods Pro scratches so easily

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.