Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do how do you fix your iCloud account when your old number is still on the account how do you remove the number

How do I remove my old number off of my iCloud account

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 7:24 PM

3 replies

Jan 6, 2020 6:20 PM in response to trlgodfrey

Instead of deregistering Messages, can you sign out of Messages/FaceTime to remove the number.

If necessary, contact Apple ID Support.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option. 

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

Jan 6, 2020 5:59 PM in response to Eric Root

Hi Eric, i do not have the phone that was attached to the phone number that is still my primary number on my apple account. when i go to that link you posted it says i can edit the REACHABLE AT numbers but i can't seem to remove my old number there.

when i go to the Deregister iMessage page it gives me the following options:

Still have your iPhone?

Follow the steps below to turn off iMessage.

or

No longer have your iPhone?

Follow the steps below to deregister your phone number.

....because i no longer have a phone with that number i try the 2nd option. it says Enter the phone number you want to deregister from iMessage and we'll send you a confirmation code.

...But i don't have the phone to receive confirmation code!

..i tried it twice thinking it might be sending the code to the other reachable number on my account but it didn't and then just said "You have reached maximum number of retries. Please try again later."

can you help? the reason this is causing an issue is because currently when ever i call people using facetime my old number appears and people don't recognise it. i cannot seem to make my new number the primary number.

thanks

tom

How do how do you fix your iCloud account when your old number is still on the account how do you remove the number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.