Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina 64 bit vs Logitech Elite Remote "32 bit" MyHarmony application

Approximately two months ago, I upgraded my iMac's operating system to Catalina v. 10.15. Not realizing the consequences of the 64 bit upgrade, I purchased a Logitech Elite Remote for which I paid $249.00.

I emailed Mr Wong from the MyHarmony support team, and he confirmed that his team has not written or compiled a 64 bit version of the MyHarmony software I required to load on my iMac so I can configure the new Elite remote to control the new OLED, AVR, and Atmos Speakers my wife and I recently purchased.

Mr Wong's email also stated "Unfortunately, if your computer is running macOS 10.15 Catalina, we currently do not have a software that you can use to configure your Elite. The options will be to use another computer to set up the remotes or you can use your iPhone to do the setup. Once you are done with the setup, you will not need to continue the use of your phone. All control will be done through the remote itself". I find it very difficult to use the iPhone to configure the remote.

So currently, I must utilize three (3) different remotes that came with my new equipment. Additionally, Apple and MyHarmony did not fully coordinate this upgrade and have left me with a $249 paperweight.

I am advising everyone to think twice before purchasing hardware and software before insuring its compatibility with the MacOS.

Iam also soliciting advice from this Community. Thanks

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 10:32 PM

Macs and macOS have been 64-bit compliant for a decade, and Apple announced support for 32-bit apps would cease a year ago: 32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and ... In addition, Catalina was made available to developers for nearly a year prior to its release. Were you expecting more coordination than that?

If you need to revert your Macs to run 32 bit apps, read Revert your Mac to a previous macOS version - Apple Support.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2019 10:32 PM in response to DRATCLIFFE

Macs and macOS have been 64-bit compliant for a decade, and Apple announced support for 32-bit apps would cease a year ago: 32-bit app compatibility with macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 and ... In addition, Catalina was made available to developers for nearly a year prior to its release. Were you expecting more coordination than that?

If you need to revert your Macs to run 32 bit apps, read Revert your Mac to a previous macOS version - Apple Support.

Dec 21, 2019 7:44 AM in response to DRATCLIFFE

DRATCLIFFE wrote:

I wasn't really blaming Apple, but venting at Harmony, they should have been ready - "fire up those developers and engineers"!

If a company's "engineers and developers" have not been "fired up" to keep pace with decade-old technology, you trying to do so here by posting will produce little encentive for them to all of a sudden get with it.

Catalina 64 bit vs Logitech Elite Remote "32 bit" MyHarmony application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.