Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i restore my photos from iCloud onto my new phone without restoring from a backup?

How do i upload my photos from iCloud onto my new phone without restoring from a whole backup? if that makes sense

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 20, 2019 10:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 10:06 AM

There are two ways that photos can be on iCloud. iCloud Photos or iCloud Backup. They will not be in iCloud Backup if you have iCloud Photos turned on. You cannot view the contents of iCloud Backup by using a computer and logging into iCloud.com but you can view iCloud Photos that way. You cannot do a partial restore or a partial setup using an iCloud Backup.

If you had iCloud Photos turned on in your old device or if you still have your old device and can turn it on now (note that it can take a long time to upload), you can then turn on iCloud Photos on your new device and they will automatically sync to it. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2019 10:06 AM in response to Apple Life 

There are two ways that photos can be on iCloud. iCloud Photos or iCloud Backup. They will not be in iCloud Backup if you have iCloud Photos turned on. You cannot view the contents of iCloud Backup by using a computer and logging into iCloud.com but you can view iCloud Photos that way. You cannot do a partial restore or a partial setup using an iCloud Backup.

If you had iCloud Photos turned on in your old device or if you still have your old device and can turn it on now (note that it can take a long time to upload), you can then turn on iCloud Photos on your new device and they will automatically sync to it. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

How do i restore my photos from iCloud onto my new phone without restoring from a backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.