Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you turn off “raise to wake” on an Apple Watch 5? I turned off “always on “ but the battery is still running down too quickly.

Can you turn off “raise to wake” on an Apple Watch 5? I turned off “always on “ but the battery is still running down too quickly.

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 6:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 6:50 AM

Yes go to the watch app on the phone and tap on general then on wake screen, turn off wake screen on wrist raise and wake screen on crown up,then go to the bottom and select on tap then you can choose 15 or 70 seconds,what happens now is that you have to tap the screen to make it turn on,once it's on if you dont move your wrist then the screen will stay on for 15 seconds but if you drop your wrist then the screen will go off straight away.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2019 6:50 AM in response to Lilithbun

Yes go to the watch app on the phone and tap on general then on wake screen, turn off wake screen on wrist raise and wake screen on crown up,then go to the bottom and select on tap then you can choose 15 or 70 seconds,what happens now is that you have to tap the screen to make it turn on,once it's on if you dont move your wrist then the screen will stay on for 15 seconds but if you drop your wrist then the screen will go off straight away.

Dec 21, 2019 7:14 AM in response to Lilithbun

That is an option, but to be honest if you are having difficulty with battery, that is probably not the reason. I use a Series 5, and I feel I am more of a power user. I use my watch for a great number of things, and I have Always On turned on, and Raise to Wake, and my battery lasts for a quite a long time.

Describe what you mean by "running down too quickly".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.