Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 and iPhone 11

I had an iPhone 7 and have just upgraded to an iPhone 11. My husband has got my old phone with a new SIM and I have put my old SIM into the new phone.

The issue is that when someone phones my mobile number, the old iPhone 7 rings and mine doesn’t.

Do you know why this is and what I can do to change it.

Thank you.

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 6:58 AM

Perhaps your husband is using your same Apple ID (that's not a good practice if devices are owned by different people). He should create his own Apple ID.

And... you should have performed thes steps on your old 7, before giving it to your husband:--> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2019 6:58 AM in response to benji9098

Perhaps your husband is using your same Apple ID (that's not a good practice if devices are owned by different people). He should create his own Apple ID.

And... you should have performed thes steps on your old 7, before giving it to your husband:--> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

iPhone 7 and iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.