Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

thorough shuffle of complete itunes playlist over time?

Is there a way to shuffle through an entire itunes playlist over the course of time and play every single song before looping through again? I have a large playlist of about 2000 tunes and I keep hearing a lot of songs over and over while others are never played. This is on an ipad air 2. I feel like I am missing something obvious, as it seems to be a basic function to be able to play all songs equally. I might listen to about 30 tunes one day and then the next day hear some of the same ones again. My only workaround is to create a number of smaller playlists and select a different one each time. 🤨 I would think there is some kind of tracking that maintains the number of times songs are played to help with the shuffle.

iPad Air 2, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 7:17 AM

2 replies

Jan 5, 2020 1:18 PM in response to QuickPost

Thanks for the reply. I feel like I am missing something. I know counters exist that keep track of how many times songs are played. I’m surprised that with all of the advanced technology that something as simple as such a true shuffle does not exist as an option. As a statistical programmer in the pharmaceutical industry it’s seems it would be a very simple function to program into the software. Maybe I am the only one that wishes for such an option?? I can’t believe that. This has been my biggest pet peeve for years regarding itunes and very frustrated that I have to manually create numerous playlists so that I don’t have to hear the same songs over and over.

thorough shuffle of complete itunes playlist over time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.