Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 6s. Need cable. Too many choices. What is factory length/lengths? Is every cable stamped with origin of assembly?

I have a 6s. Need original/authentic apple cable. What is factory length/lengths? Is every cable stamped with origin of assembly. Too many manufacturers out there with longer lengths but, I don’t know there quality.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 12:25 PM

You have a couple of options. First is to purchase a cable directly from Apple knowing it will work for sure and is of high quality. Second is to look for the MFI (Made for iPhone) seal on the package of any third party cable you consider. The MFI seal means that the maker of the cable is licensed and approved by Apple to sell products as iPhone compatible. The MFI seal also means the cable meets or exceeds Apple’s standards. If a third party cable does not have the MFI seal DO NOT BUY IT under any circumstances. It may damage your iPhone. There are thousands upon thousands of ripoff cables out there that you find in gas stations, liquor/convenience stores, discount outlets, etc. Avoid them like the plague.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2019 12:25 PM in response to 5208

You have a couple of options. First is to purchase a cable directly from Apple knowing it will work for sure and is of high quality. Second is to look for the MFI (Made for iPhone) seal on the package of any third party cable you consider. The MFI seal means that the maker of the cable is licensed and approved by Apple to sell products as iPhone compatible. The MFI seal also means the cable meets or exceeds Apple’s standards. If a third party cable does not have the MFI seal DO NOT BUY IT under any circumstances. It may damage your iPhone. There are thousands upon thousands of ripoff cables out there that you find in gas stations, liquor/convenience stores, discount outlets, etc. Avoid them like the plague.

I have 6s. Need cable. Too many choices. What is factory length/lengths? Is every cable stamped with origin of assembly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.