Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sign Out Apple ID

I recently deactivated my Apple account, but I forgot to log out of iCloud. For me to log out I would have to put in a password for that deleted account, but every time it try, I get the message “ You do not have an Apple ID”. Basically I’m trying to log out of a nonexistent account which is impossible. Does anyone know how to get around this??

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 21, 2019 10:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 4:00 AM

You can try contacting iTunes Support and see if they can remove the device from the account, but they might not be able to help : How to delete your Apple ID account – Apple Support

- Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2019 4:00 AM in response to nakhim160

You can try contacting iTunes Support and see if they can remove the device from the account, but they might not be able to help : How to delete your Apple ID account – Apple Support

- Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted.

Dec 22, 2019 6:20 AM in response to nakhim160

If you are the original owner, take the device, the original purchase receipt with the serial number, and a photo ID to the nearest Apple Store. As noted, they may not be able to help.

Genius Bar Reservation US

or contact Apple ID Support. They will need to see the original purchase receipt/paperwork also.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat         

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

Sign Out Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.