Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM not supported

I need continued access to my son's phone without losing info like text msg's and last phone calls. I don't know which carrier my son used all I know is up until now I've been able to turn his phone on and freely roam (for lack of a better term). I don't plan on using his phone to make calls or selling his phone I just want to be able to continue to access the info on it. I know his passcode and he used my apple acct for icloud so I have pics and videos. I'm oblivious to how this all works somebody please help me I can't ask my son because he passed away 17 mos ago.

iPhone 4 (8GB)

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 5:23 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Dec 22, 2019 6:17 PM in response to kb1951

no error messages. while I was looking at his phone it said it updated successfully then it went to a screen that said sim not supported and now when i hit the home button it says "hello" in different languages then when i put in his passcode it says sim not supported and won't let me get past it. I don't know what a sim card does. not tech savvy

SIM not supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.