Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing iPhone with iwatch

I have an iPhone 6s IOS 12.4.4 and it says it is up to date. Just got a new iwatch series 5 and they won’t pair. It says I need updates but the phone says it’s updated. Can anyone help?

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 8:40 AM

10 replies

Dec 22, 2019 9:47 AM in response to Jellybean46

The watch 5 has watchos6 software,this requires an iphone with ios13 or higher,IF you have an iphone 6s then you need to update it it to ios13 if it won't update to ios13 then you do not have an iphone 6s,it is probably an iphone 6 which won't update past ios12.

Dec 31, 2019 5:53 PM in response to Jellybean46

I’m having a similar problem. I have a 6s+, just got a first gen iwatch I need the new update but says I’m up to date with the 12.4.4. There’s no question as to the type phone I have either, my son has the 6s which is also compatible with the update and his won’t update either. If I don’t come across an answer by tomorrow than I’ll have to call Apple directly. I’ll post what I find out.

Pairing iPhone with iwatch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.