Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod nano

Saw lots of issues with ipods not turning on properly but no resolution. I have two IPOD nano's right out of the box. They turn on when connected to computer but not when unplugged.

Went to Apple store and they tell me they don't support these anymore. Couldn't even offer suggestions.

If this is typical of Apple I am glad I am a Windows/Android customer

Anyway this is a neat product if it works and I would like to use it. Any suggestions to how to get these to turn on

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 10:53 AM

Apple stopped selling the Nano over two years ago. If those Nanos have been sitting in a box, unused for that long (or longer) then the batteries are probably dead.

You might want to review this article:

If your iPod won't turn on or seems frozen - Apple Support

2 replies

Dec 24, 2019 8:07 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thank you to Idris Seabright for his response.

I did review the article and tried the tricks with no luck. I was also told by a rep at Fixit to leave them charging for a week to see if that brings the batteries back. He also told me that it is more expensive to replace the batteries than buy a used model on Ebay.

Really neat product. Sorry that Apple quit making these and that I didn't get around to using it sooner.

Apple's on line support was poor by the way. Rep told me to go to Apple store which was an hour away. They told me that Apple did not make or support these units. Rep could have told me that on phone and saved me two hours.

Ipod nano

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.