Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate Songs in My iTunes Library

I was playing around with my iTunes Library as well as playing around with the music actual files loaded on my PC (Windows 10). I signed out and then went signed back into ITunes and found that a very large number of my songs were duplicated. Not sure what happened. Can anyone help me figure out what happened and if there is an easy way to remove the duplicates. Probably around 50 songs or so are duplicated. Thank You

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 3:50 PM

To find Duplicates - go to iTunes on your PC and in your Library, choose Music from the pop-up menu at the top left. Then on the Toolbar, choose File > Library > Show Duplicate Items. This will give you all instances of the same song by the same Artist but can give you a Studio and a Live version, if they are named the same.

To find EXACT Duplicates - you do the same thing EXCEPT - hold down the SHIFT key when you select File > Library > Show Exact Duplicate Items This will give you the files that have been added multiple times. You can delete the duplicate items here. Then to return to Normal view - File > Library > Show All Items. This should get you back to where you want to be.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2019 3:50 PM in response to JonDaniel70

To find Duplicates - go to iTunes on your PC and in your Library, choose Music from the pop-up menu at the top left. Then on the Toolbar, choose File > Library > Show Duplicate Items. This will give you all instances of the same song by the same Artist but can give you a Studio and a Live version, if they are named the same.

To find EXACT Duplicates - you do the same thing EXCEPT - hold down the SHIFT key when you select File > Library > Show Exact Duplicate Items This will give you the files that have been added multiple times. You can delete the duplicate items here. Then to return to Normal view - File > Library > Show All Items. This should get you back to where you want to be.

Duplicate Songs in My iTunes Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.