Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't App Store download High Sierra

When I try and download High Sierra from App Store, rather than the icon saying "Download" it says "Open", but the installer is corrupt it says when I try the "Open". I tried to rename the corrupt installer app package and then tried again in App Store and it tries and open the same file (so the rename had no effect which seems rather odd unless it keeps track of the installer by inode number or ???). This is a result of clicking the "Get macOS High Sierra" link that is located on the web page at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208969

So any ideas on how to "reset" App Store so that it can download another High Sierra installer app or really how the App Store remembers this information about previous apps that is has downloaded previously?

Thanks...

Mac Pro, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 3:43 PM

Well, I removed the installer file and emptied the trash and now App Store says "Download" rather than "Open", so that's good news. But am still curious how exactly it remembers this sort of information, so if anyone has any ideas on that, please share...

Thanks very much...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2019 3:43 PM in response to dot.com

Well, I removed the installer file and emptied the trash and now App Store says "Download" rather than "Open", so that's good news. But am still curious how exactly it remembers this sort of information, so if anyone has any ideas on that, please share...

Thanks very much...

Dec 22, 2019 4:10 PM in response to dot.com

It looks in Applications folder for Install MacOS such & such & checks cached info 1st of course, then when you try to run it it finds an older version where the Certificate expired & invents an error code.

Actually the old one works if you set the date back a year or two * disconnect from the Internet it runs just fine.

Why won't App Store download High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.