Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't watch video taken from iphon on PC

I've taken several videos with my iPhone but I can't watch them on ANY pc. I tried on my home pc, laptop, work PC, and a friends PC. I just get the message that the video file can't be played. I've got Itunes, quicktime, and all the other apple programs. The videos play just fine on the phone. Any ideas?

Windows XP Pro

Posted on Jul 17, 2010 6:40 AM

3 replies

Jul 17, 2010 12:01 PM in response to danielny

The iPhone records video in the H.264 video codec, which should be included as part of your install of Quicktime. What version of Quicktime are you running? You might check and see if there is an update that you might need to install. Do you have problems playing videos on the Apple Movies Trailer website? If yes, then you might be missing the H.264 codec for some reason. If no, then maybe the file is getting corrupted somehow when you copy it from your iPhone to your PC. I've has instances where a file said it finished copying and I tried to play it and couldn't (I got the same message you got from Quicktime), so I copied the file again and the file worked the second time.

http://trailers.apple.com/

Can't watch video taken from iphon on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.