Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv screensaver does not show homesharing photos

Since years I like to put on some music and watch the AppleTV screensaver with my photos. But since the last updates everytime I start up AppleTV (4th) it defaults to the (in my opninion) rather boring spacestation video (that does not refresh every day as promised in the preferences). So I go to the configuration again and change it back to homesharing -> photos. But sinsce 2 days that does not work anymore. The screen shows an eternal spinning wheel for hours.... First I thougt Apple TV needs to cache again first but even after a day it doesn't show anything.

I did a reset on the AppleTV restarted homesharig on my iMac (2017 model) but nothing helps. All devices running the latest system software (autoupdate on).

Anyone can give any clues how to solve this?

Apple TV 4, tvOS 13

Posted on Dec 22, 2019 11:09 PM

2 replies

Dec 25, 2019 9:25 AM in response to jos3

Hi jos3,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help with Home Sharing and your Apple TV. It sounds like you no longer see your photos on it.

If you are using the same Apple ID on both your Mac and Apple TV, trying signing out and back in. You may also want to try forgetting the Wi-Fi network and signing back in on both devices.

This article may also help: Use Home Sharing to share media from a computer to other devices.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, please contact Apple Support.

Have a fantastic day!

apple tv screensaver does not show homesharing photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.