Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"There is not enough disk space available at the selected destination. Please choose another one or clear some space" I am getting this error while creating a project in iMovie. I do have 1tb space in the system.

How to solve this error . "There is not enough disk space available at the selected destination. Please choose another one or clear some space" I am getting this error while creating a project in iMovie. I do have 1tb space in the system.

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 9:34 AM

The cure for the "not enough disk space" error is to redownload iMovie. To do that, drag your iMovie app to the trash, but don't empty the trash. Then sign in to the App Store (Apple Logo/App store) with your Apple I.D. and password. Open your App Store account by clicking on your name at the bottom of the App Store side bar. When your account opens you will see a list of your purchases, including iMovie. See if you can download or update it from there. If for some reason the download is not available or is unsuccessful, drag your iMovie app from the trash and place it back in the Applications folder. However, the redownload should be successful. Now see if the "not enough space" issue is solved.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2019 9:34 AM in response to amitzor123

The cure for the "not enough disk space" error is to redownload iMovie. To do that, drag your iMovie app to the trash, but don't empty the trash. Then sign in to the App Store (Apple Logo/App store) with your Apple I.D. and password. Open your App Store account by clicking on your name at the bottom of the App Store side bar. When your account opens you will see a list of your purchases, including iMovie. See if you can download or update it from there. If for some reason the download is not available or is unsuccessful, drag your iMovie app from the trash and place it back in the Applications folder. However, the redownload should be successful. Now see if the "not enough space" issue is solved.

-- Rich

"There is not enough disk space available at the selected destination. Please choose another one or clear some space" I am getting this error while creating a project in iMovie. I do have 1tb space in the system.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.