Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ringtones w/out iTunes

How can I put a ringtone on my iPhone using the Apple Music app?

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2019 1:56 PM

Hey there mkowales,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're looking for ways to add custom ringtones to your iPhone without having to use a computer to sync them. I'd be glad to provide you with some information on that.

While you can't currently add ringtones straight from the Apple Music app, you can use GarageBand to create custom ringtones and then export them for use with your iPhone. Look over the "Use custom ringtones" section of Use tones and ringtones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch for more info.

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2019 1:56 PM in response to mkowales

Hey there mkowales,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're looking for ways to add custom ringtones to your iPhone without having to use a computer to sync them. I'd be glad to provide you with some information on that.

While you can't currently add ringtones straight from the Apple Music app, you can use GarageBand to create custom ringtones and then export them for use with your iPhone. Look over the "Use custom ringtones" section of Use tones and ringtones with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch for more info.

Have a great day!

Dec 26, 2019 11:41 AM in response to mkowales

Hey again mkowales,

You aren't able to add ringtones directly from the Music app on your iPhone or Mac. You'll need to create a GarageBand project and then share it with GarageBand for iOS and then export it as a ringtone. Check out the section on the page mentioned in the last post for more info on that. If you need more info on creating projects in GarageBand, learn more here: GarageBand Help

Cheers.

Ringtones w/out iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.