📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Message bar is in the middle of my text message but moves up to top of phone when I attempt to type

Who knows what I did but now as I try to text the message box is right in the middle of the screen. As soon as I start to type anything it moves to the very top of the screen and makes it impossible to type and especially difficult to press send.

I am resorting to dictating messages but that is so dangerous, when you cannot pull the message down to review it.

Iphone X

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 10:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 10:54 AM

It’s fine, just remember that force reboots/hard restarts are your best friend with Apple devices, for future reference all Idevices up to the iPhone 7 (so iPhone 4-se) hold the power and home button to force reboot those, any device above that, volume up, then down then press and hold the power/side button hope that helps solve any future problems you have, best of luck

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 23, 2019 10:54 AM in response to needphonehelp

It’s fine, just remember that force reboots/hard restarts are your best friend with Apple devices, for future reference all Idevices up to the iPhone 7 (so iPhone 4-se) hold the power and home button to force reboot those, any device above that, volume up, then down then press and hold the power/side button hope that helps solve any future problems you have, best of luck

Message bar is in the middle of my text message but moves up to top of phone when I attempt to type

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.