Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music

Can I transfer my music from my desktop computer to a flash drive and then transfer it to my new iPad?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 2:41 PM

No.

You will need to use iTunes to sync music from your computer to your iPad.

There is no standard flash drive that will work with a nearly 9-year old iPad with a unsupported, over 3-year old iOS version.

You might be able to use special wireless, WiFi hotspot built-in style flash drives/hard drives that move and stream data from drive to iPad and iPad to drive over WiFi using the drive maker's special iOS Apps.

These types of drives are made by Western Digital, Seagate and SanDisk ( also a Western Digital company ) and may still work with your old iPad.

I make no guarantees.

Good Luck to You!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2019 2:41 PM in response to davidfromcuyahoga falls

No.

You will need to use iTunes to sync music from your computer to your iPad.

There is no standard flash drive that will work with a nearly 9-year old iPad with a unsupported, over 3-year old iOS version.

You might be able to use special wireless, WiFi hotspot built-in style flash drives/hard drives that move and stream data from drive to iPad and iPad to drive over WiFi using the drive maker's special iOS Apps.

These types of drives are made by Western Digital, Seagate and SanDisk ( also a Western Digital company ) and may still work with your old iPad.

I make no guarantees.

Good Luck to You!

Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.