Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Handoff

Anyone else experiencing a situation where they have to "quit" iMessage & reopen for handoff between iPhone & MBP will take place?? It works fine after I do this but I hate having to quit iMessage every time a new person texts me??

Any fix for this?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 23, 2019 8:02 PM

1 reply

Dec 26, 2019 9:02 AM in response to ibroker

Hi ibroker,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with Handoff on your MacBook Pro. It sounds like it won't work between your iPhone and the Mac until you quit iMessage.

Have you tried any isolation steps at all? I'd suggest checking this issue out when booted into safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. This can let you know if a third-party app might be causing the issue.

Also, test the issue inside a new user account: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac. This can let you know if the issue is isolated to your user or system-wide.

Let me know how it goes.

Have a fantastic day!

Handoff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.