Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue dot and Microphone in top left hand corner of my iPhone 11

I want to turn off the Blue dot and Microphone in top left hand corner of my iPhone 11. This driving me nuts. I must have turned this on by accident but I dont want it.

Thanks Andy. This is my new iPone 11 Pro

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2019 3:41 PM

Hi Andy Denny,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. Congratulations on your new iPhone 11!

I understand that you see a blue dot with a microphone icon in the upper left of your screen and would like to remove it.

I'm glad to help with this.

This icon means that some app or feature is requesting the microphone to be active. It's likely to be something in Accessibility, such as Voice Control.

This explains how to disable that:

Control iPhone with your voice - Apple Support

Let me know if this helps.

All the best.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2019 3:41 PM in response to Andy Denny

Hi Andy Denny,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Apple Support Communities. Congratulations on your new iPhone 11!

I understand that you see a blue dot with a microphone icon in the upper left of your screen and would like to remove it.

I'm glad to help with this.

This icon means that some app or feature is requesting the microphone to be active. It's likely to be something in Accessibility, such as Voice Control.

This explains how to disable that:

Control iPhone with your voice - Apple Support

Let me know if this helps.

All the best.

Blue dot and Microphone in top left hand corner of my iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.