Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery replacement

What is the cost to have an iPhone 6S battery replaced?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 12:08 PM

$0 if covered by AppleCare +, $49 if not.

iPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support

12 replies

Dec 24, 2019 12:14 PM in response to deggie

deggie wrote:
That is not absolute and you also need to add it will be replaced if the battery is above 80% but fails diagnostics or the iPhone is exhibiting power related failures.

That seems to be the general requirement unless there seems to be some other defect such as unplanned shutdowns. However, they seem to be back to requiring that the battery health be under 80% for routine battery service.

Dec 24, 2019 12:16 PM in response to y_p_w

Could you please provide that link to me so I can pass on that information. I know that are not going by that at either of the two Apple Stores I frequent so I want to have something that actually says that. And I already suggested you add the first sentence you wrote back, you left it out the first time.

Dec 24, 2019 12:29 PM in response to deggie

deggie wrote:
Could you please provide that link to me so I can pass on that information. I know that are not going by that at either of the two Apple Stores I frequent so I want to have something that actually says that. And I already suggested you add the first sentence you wrote back, you left it out the first time.

There is no link. All we have to go by is reports by people who have gone in for service and had been denied a battery replacement service when the battery was reporting maybe 85%. There was never a link before Apple had the worldwide battery promotion either.

Dec 24, 2019 12:37 PM in response to deggie

deggie wrote:
Actually there was an official Apple link during the $29 battery process, I used it many times. I've seen no report by anyone here saying at 85% they refused a battery replacement. This site and peoples reports are a terrible means to state something is policy.

I got my battery replacement during the promotion when it was 88%. That promotion is over. Short of digging up some leak of Apple's repair policy (and I seem to recall you've said leaked materials weren't trustworthy) I tend to believe that they've gone back to their old policies. I've specifically been told that my (non-iPhone Apple device) wasn't eligible for a battery replacement unless it was under 80%, and that's been well known for years except for the iPhone promotion that's currently over.

Dec 24, 2019 12:41 PM in response to y_p_w

There has never been a policy that when you are paying for a battery for an OUT-OF-WARRANTY device that you have to have it below 80% or above 500 cycles. Those are numbers that Apple uses regarding the lifetime of a battery. The $49 is no longer a promotional price nor a special program. This is like saying that Apple won't sell you a new iPhone if the one you have now is not old enough. If you insist they will take your money and change your battery. Reports here otherwise that you have seen do not constitute Apple policy they are YOUR speculation. And I stay up with the rumor sites and other sources too and have seen nothing on this.

battery replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.