You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different Album Artists in ITunes compared to IPhone

Hi,

I have synced my ITunes with my IPhone XS but I have an issue with the Californication Album by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. In my ITunes it shows correctly as the Red Hot Chili Peppers, however on my IPhone it is showing as Various Artists.

I have tried deleting the album and then syncing again with my ITunes but still get the same issue. Has anyone seen this before and managed to fix the problem?

Regards

Andrew

iPhone XS

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 12:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2019 9:27 AM

Hey Andrew_Sampson,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

From what I've read is that one of your albums shows up under Various Artists when synced to your iPhone. I'd like to help but I got some questions as well.

Are you seeing the behavior with any other albums?

Was this Album purchased from iTunes, burned from a CD, or imported from another source?

Do you have an Apple Music, or iTunes Match subscription?

I would also suggest taking a look at that albums compilation settings:

Change CD information in Music on Mac

Change song and CD information in Music on Mac

The section, Tips for using song and CD information to organize your music may help as well.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 27, 2019 9:27 AM in response to Andrew_Sampson

Hey Andrew_Sampson,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

From what I've read is that one of your albums shows up under Various Artists when synced to your iPhone. I'd like to help but I got some questions as well.

Are you seeing the behavior with any other albums?

Was this Album purchased from iTunes, burned from a CD, or imported from another source?

Do you have an Apple Music, or iTunes Match subscription?

I would also suggest taking a look at that albums compilation settings:

Change CD information in Music on Mac

Change song and CD information in Music on Mac

The section, Tips for using song and CD information to organize your music may help as well.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Different Album Artists in ITunes compared to IPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.