Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 3GS GPS Issue

I recently bought an iPhone 3GS off eBay on Nov 25 and it has been having an issue with the GPS where it will not detect weather or the current location of the device and it has been having the issue since the day it got here, the info of the device will be written below:

Software Version: iOS 6.1.6 (10B500)

Baseband/Modem Firmware: 05.16.08

Carrier: AT&T 14.2 (No Service)

Storage: 12.2 / 13.6 GB

Serial Number: Wait why did I just write that

Please help me if I can get the weather / maps working or I have to use google for weather on it

Posted on Dec 24, 2019 3:20 PM

8 replies

Dec 25, 2019 5:55 AM in response to The_32-Bit_Guy

Also the fact that I bought this as a backup device while my phone is getting repaired (Sprint iPhone 8 Plus 64 GB running iOS 13.2.2) it is not being repaired now and I also collect iPhones (not ever getting my hands on the 2G) but honestly it would be nice of you to help me with the issue. So even though it is a 10 year old device, it seems to still serve me well making for an honestly good phone except for apps where they just will only sometimes Work. So honestly don’t say that I just purchased a phone over 10 years old because I am aware of that. If it’s a hardware issue because we know these would crack up a lot (mine only has scratches and a minor dent (barely noticeable), but still not sure what it’s been through, so you never know, I wouldn’t be happy taking it to a 3rd Party repair shop, but Apple Repairs are something I can trust but sadly it’s “obsolete” by Apple Standards because it’s a 16 GB 3GS meaning it was discontinued in 2010, so sadly they can’t do anything so then if I had to go to a 3rd Party repair shop, I would actually watch them do it or I would send it to Hugh Jeffreys and see if he can find something wrong internally so yeah I really would appreciate help from you

iPhone 3GS GPS Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.